PLANNING YOUR MOVE
Whether this is your first time moving home or you’re a seasoned professional, in order for your process to run smoothly you should take a little time out to plan ahead.
We have prepared the following guidelines for you to help things run a little smoother:
BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Make sure you notify ALL utility companies, financial institutions etc., e.g. gas provider, your bank etc., that you are vacating your current address. Print out this handy ticklist to help you:
- Notify your bank of changes to your Direct Debits or Standing Orders.
- Arrange to have the Post Office forward your mail (they will charge you for this). Notify all friends, family and / or business associates of your new address.
- Ensure you have insurance in place from the date you more in to your new property. Get rid of any possessions you no longer need, e.g. you could give them to a charity shop.
- Ensure that the necessary access will be available at both your current and your new property so we are able to work efficiently and with minimum inconvenience to your neighbours. If necessary, warn new neighbours in advance.
ON THE DAY
- Have a floor plan of your new property drawn up so the removal team know where to place your belongings.
- Ensure that all packing has been completed and that all self-assembly furniture has been dismantled ready for moving.
- All ’white goods’ should be cleaned, disconnected and where required, e.g. washing machines, the relevant brackets fitted to avoid damage in transit.
- If you are moving plants, wrap them in newspaper - this will prevent the leaves from being damaged or bruised.
- If you have small children or pets, arrange for a friend or family member to care for them until the removal team have completed work.
Contact us today for a no obligation quote.
We look forward to being of service to you soon!
Call our FREEPHONE number 0800 0195037 or contact us using our online form.